Re: New to Plants

> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:32:25 -0500
> From: "MARC RADLE" <marcr at cowles_com>
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1109
>
> Hi,
> I'm new here and I have a question. (a dangerous combination in and of itself,
> I know...)  Both my tanks are freshwater tropical community tanks. I would like to add
> some live plants to them (this will be my FIRST EVER try at live plants !)
> The other caveat to this is I use glass "marbles" in the bottom of both tanks
> - -the kind you see sometimes in flower vases. Therefore, I need a hearty, hard
> to kill plant or two that doesn't need any kind of substrate. I have heard
> that Java Fern, Java Moss and/or Anubias Nana would be good choices.
> Any and all thoughts and opinions would be very much appreciated !!!
> Marc

Hello Marc,
You will need to fill us all in on a little more details about your tank. Such as: size,
amount of light, filtration, types and numbers of fish in the tank
Say if we gave you advice to buy any of the plants listed above and you keep a number of
silver dollars in the tank, your fish will be well fed and you'd be out $$$.  See my point?
--
Later,
Paul E. Turley

"Never before in the history of man have so many known so little about so much."   Carl
Sagan