Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1110

> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:05:07 -0700
> From: sae at arts_ubc.ca (Olga Betts)
> Subject: Flourite substrate
>
>  Moishe Wasserman wrote:
> >Subject: RE: flourite
>
> >I just thought it would be better to cover up the flourite so the
> >minerals did'nt get mixed with the water column.  So you say this is not
> >a concern?
>
> Flourite is a substrate... not an additive. It doesn't need to be mixed
> with anything or covered up. It does not "add" things to the water.
>
> I have a 33 gallon with a pure Flourite substrate. It looks very nice and
> the plants grow very strong fine roots in it. It has worked very well for
> me. The only reason to mix it that I can think of would be to save money...
> assuming that whatever you mix it with is cheaper than Flourite.
>
> Olga
> in Vancouver where it is raining and grey <sigh>

MY shipment arrives tommorow :)

Have you seen a difference in plant growth with flourite???  And no, I'm
not trying to save money, although I am trying tto save long term - that
is, my plants will do well and I won't have to buy new ones :)  I am
planning on purchasing a second-hand 120 gallon tank, I was thinking 20
bags would be enough.  Am I right?