loaches eating MTS

 "Alysoun McLaughlin" wrote:
>Subject: Re: clown loaches eating MTSs

>Have others observed that older loaches seem to lose their taste for snails?

Maybe they need dentures? <g> Seriously, my clown loaches eat some MTS for
sure. I think they are actually strong enough to break through the shells.
This is probably due to Vancouver's soft water. Though I harden the water
it is probably not enough to keep the snail shells really tough. However,
my loaches seem to keep the population in check but I still have enough to
do a good job cleaning up. No above substrate snails can survive though.

Olga
in Vancouver