Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1105

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:06:47 -0600 (MDT)
>From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com>
>Subject: Re: Colorado's Ocean Journey
>
>This sounds much like the stated theme of Albuquerque's aquarium, which is
>supposed to trace a drop of water from the mountains of northern New
>Mexico, down the Rio Grande to the Gulf of Mexico.  I hope Denver's
>execution is better.

From all appearences, it seems like it. The local paper had a big spread on
it
and a local TV station had an hour "preview". The exhibits seem well thought
out and it looks pretty spectacular. I've been to the Albuquerque aquarium
and
have to admit it was not overwhelming. So far, the Denver aquarium seems much
like Monterrey Bay in concept and execution (a lot smaller though).

If anyone is intertested, I can scan some of the articles and post them.
Nothing about aquatic plants, though. There was a cute quote from one of the
aquarists involved with maintenance on the saltwater tanks - the "Days of
Brine
and Hoses" <g>.

Of course, I won't be able to see it very soon because I hate crowds.
Especially crowds well salted with ankle-biters. I'll wait until school
starts
then get there right at the opening bell on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Watch for major new updates - Soon!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/