Re: Colorado's Ocean Journey

Colorado's Ocean Journey is going to be first class.  I'm an aquarist
at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and a one of my coworkers went to Denver
to help in the start-up process.  He presented a slide show to our
husbandry department that took us down both paths.  The exhibits are
designed to give the visitor a total immersion experience.
Temperature, smells, humidity, sounds, etc. are all controlled to make
the visitor feel like he/she is in that environment.  There is
EXTENSIVE rock work and terrestrial planting to aid in the immersion
process.  I'm not so sure about aquatic plants, but knowing the public
aquarium side of things I doubt they will have extensive displays of
our favorite autotrophs.

Cheers,
Mark Faulkner