Re: two tanks from one yeast bottle

>Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:12:42 EDT
>From: CarlaThorn at aol_com
>Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1080
>
>In a message dated 6/9/99 1:03:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com writes:
>
><< > I must have too much time on my hands :)
> >
> > I have been thinking about adding CO2 to two side-by-side 10 gallon tanks.
> > I don't like the idea of running two separate little yeast-CO2 generators.
> > Has anyone succeeded running CO2 to two tanks from a single 2-liter (or
> > half gallon) CO2 generator? If so, how did you plumb it?
> >
> > Roger Miller >>
>
>Roger,
>If you're just talking about using one DIY bottle on two tanks, that's easy.
>Just use a 2.8-liter juice bottle (instead of a smaller 2-liter pop bottle)
>and drill two holes in the cap for two separate tubes. One tube goes to one
>tank; the other goes to the second tank. One bottle should be enough for two
>10-gallon tanks.
>Carla

Roger:
    I have tried to do what Carla recommends, but found that even the
slightest bit of difference in the amount of water pressure exerted on the
outlet of the CO2 line into the tanks caused all of the gas to go to one
tank or the other. I fussed around with it a couple of days before deciding
it was easier just to mix a seperate bottle for each 10 gallon. By all
accounts, any type of a valve on a yeast CO2 generator is a disaster waiting
to happen, so I can't see any "practical" way of accurately regulating the
flow to each tank.

Ron Barter
Perth, Ontario