RE: Methods to ship Malasian Trumpet Snails?

> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:48:56 -0700
> From: "David Robinson" <robinson at ichips_intel.com>
> Subject: Methods to ship Malasian Trumpet Snails?
>
> All,
>
> Have any of you successfully shipped Malayan Trumpet
> Snails through std US mail.  What methods did you use?
> (Packaging, numbers of snails, how much water, etc.)
>
> Thanks,
> David Robinson

I mail-ordered around 40 MTS from www.azgardens.com last year.  When I
received them they were simply rolled up in some damp newspaper with a
small sprig of water sprite and a plastic bag around the paper to keep it
moist.  They looked dead but many if not most of them came back to life
after I put them in my tank.  As a side benefit, I now have a huge c.
thalictroides growing in my tank as well :).  They came US mail, and the
package was even held up for a few days due to some bad snowstorms in my
area.  So I'd say they're pretty hardy!  I don't think they're overly fond
of CO2 injection, though.  It really eats away their shells and makes them
white and chalky.

-Paul