RE: SAE advice

> Mike G. writes:
>
>  Can anyone advise on to whether or not SAE's in the 3/4 to
> 1 inch range are
>   effective in algae eating, or do they need to be bigger/mature?

I bought 24 SAEs in November. They were about 3/4" on arrival. They went
into a densely planted 225 gallon tank and went to work nearly immediately.
They graze in schools of 8-14 and clean as a team moving from area to area
all day long.

They do come out for food with the rest of the fish, but it doesn't seem to
hinder their appetite. They are now approximately 3", so I don't think I'm
starving them, but they are always hunting for food.

Jon Wilson