World's best algae eater???

One of my local fish stores currently stocks a tank full of what they
labeled as "World's best algae eaters."  One of the managers told me that
she believes they are Paracrossocheilus vittatus, as pictured in the
Axelrod Atlas.  They seem to be very industrious at eating algae.  However,
I can't find them in the Baensch Atlas.  Does anyone know anything more
about these fish, or where I may find more info about them?  I'm most
interested in their temperament as they get older, how large they will get,
their native water parameters, etc.

Thanks,
Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen