Re: SAE Advice

Mike G. asked....

>Can anyone advise on to whether or not SAE's in the 3/4 to 1 inch range are
>effective in algae eating, or do they need to be bigger/mature?

Mine did not eat the BBA until they were about two inches in length.
Starving the young was only effective in killing them. I switched to
fattening them up and only then did I cut their rations. Possibly
some batches are slow to learn to eat the BBA. However, right from
the start they tackled the ubiquitous green fur algae that grew
along the leaf edges.

--
Dave Whittaker
Gloucester, Ontario