Re: Color Reproduction (Was Amano, snails, A.thomasi, and bad prints)

>Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:29:50 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Oliver D Wong <gt5071c at prism_gatech.edu>
>Subject:     ½
>
>Dave Wrote:
>
><Snip>How true to life are the colours reproduced? To what extent does he
>enhance and alter things during film development? <Snip>
>
>Color reproduction depends heavily of the type of film used.  I would
>imagine that Amano uses "Color Enhanced" films.  Color Enchanced films are
>generally used in landscape photography or other situations in which vivid
>colors are needed.  For a perfect example of this check out the ad that
>Kodak is running for its new EliteChrome ExtraColor Slide film (back cover
>of 6/99 Popular Photography Magazine).  Studies by Fuji Film have shown
>that people generally like pictures with bolder than life colors.  Most of
>the films I've seen recommended for shooting aqauira are color enchanced
>films.  However, these films are generally not recommended for protraits
>since they result in "warmer" skintones (reddish skin).

I have tried to take pictures of my tank, with my Nikon F50 camera, without
flash.
But even with a ASA800 film from Kodak, I still need 1/15 or 1/30 of a sec
exposure, which makes the pictures blurred. Has anyone experimented with
some sort of DIY flash light ?? Because real slave flashlights, are VERY
expensive here in Denmark (Europe).

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Petersen  ICQ #1413069

My webpage has been redesigned!!!