Re:Amano, snails, A. thomasi, and bad prints

Dave writes:

<snip>> It got
>  me thinking. How true to life are the colours reproduced?
>  To what extent does he enhance and alter things during
>  film development?<<snip>

There was a discussion a few months ago on the Apisto list about colors in
the prints of a certain fish book.  As I recall, the final conclusion was
that when photographing fish(and this may just as well apply to aquaria in
general), lighting from in front of the tank below the camara can cause
colors not seen otherwise.  Whether that is applicable here or not, I don't
know.  Just a thought.

Bob Dixon