Summer Propagation in ponds?

I have been considering trying to propagate some plants in something
like a wading pool or tubs outside.  I was also thinking about potting
the plant and setting them in a shallow waveless spot at my cottage
(clear granite lake in Northwestern Ontario).

Any recommendations?

Should I place the plants in full sun?
I could set the tub in the lake moderate the temperature.
Should I cover the tub to keep the humidity high if the plant grows
emersed.

The plants I am thinking about are Echinodorus bleheri (which grows
beautifully in my tank but never develops a penuncle), a water lily
(Nymphaea pubescens I think), and various crypts.