Re: Over-growth

Judah wrote:
> Some have grown up to the water surface and have started back down.
> I'd like to trim them, but I've been told that injured plants are often attacked
> by black, filamentous algae.

I'd say, trim away! I do it weekly or biweekly, and have never had
any adverse affects. I don't trim everything at once, that way there's
always plants still growing full strength while the trimmed ones get
back on their feet. A lot of the times, the trimming promotes new,
faster growth. It's sad to have to cut out plants, but it's very
necessary or the lights get blocked out, causing even slower
growth. Good luck and tell 'em it's for their own good!

Jamie
Jamie Johnson
Greenwood, SC
jjohnson at davisfloyd_com