Re: CO2 Cylinders - Rent or Buy???

>Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:28:01 -0400
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>

>Shannon Wheeler was recently wondering about CO2 cylinders. Dave G.
>suggested that she rent rather than buy one (if she can locate a rental
>source in here area, of course...)

that should be:
suggested that he rent rather than buy one (if he can locate a rental source
in his area, of course...)

BOC, Praxair, and local beverage distributers were all unable (or unwilling)
to sell cylinders and were not too keen on renting 20lb or smaller sizes.
I've still got a couple of places in the phone book to try...

thanks anyway,
Shannon

>Shannon was also doubting being able to obtain a local supplier of either
>gas or cylinders. BOC Gases has offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Regina,
>Saskatoon and Lloydminister in Saskatchewan; Calgary, Edmonton, Fort
>McMurray and Nisku, in Alberta; and Vancouver and Vernon in B.C. They DO
>deliver, although you might have to order multiple bottles to make it cost
>effective (depends on how many set-ups you have running I guess. I believe
>that Shannon mentioned that she lived quite a distance from a major center,
>so it would make sense to have a spare bottle or two around, if it can be
>afforded.
>
>Another source would be to go to any bar or restaurant that sells fountain
>pop (Pepsi, Coke, etc.). Most places use CO2 cylinders to carbonate the pop
>on the spot - THEY have to get the cylinders from someone - ask them if
>there is a local source or alternatively, if they will rent you one of
THEIR