Re:lighting

Take a look at

http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/lights-wozniak.html

Ronald Wozniak's measurements suggest that a glass cover is fine, even
a dirty glass cover.

- -Ivo Busko

Well it may be fine, but I have noticed a significant difference in how
fast my plants grow without glass covers, as compared to with them. If
you have low lighting to begin with, I would think the difference would
be more crutial. Open tanks with suspended lighting obviously have other
advantages to not having covers...namely having the plants able to grow
out of the water. I know thats not whats being discussed here, but one
can create quite a stunning display this way.

Robert H