Re: Are "Liteway" shoplights any good ?

David Boukmn wrote;

<snip>

> attractive enough even w/o a wooden hood. But, they have no ballast.

<snip>

Can you elaborate a bit ? You mean that they come with no ballast
but you have to add one, right ? Otherwise how a fluorescent tube
would work ? I'm interested in shoplights or any other type of
fluorescent-holding fixture that is sold with no ballast, so I
can add my own high quality electronic ballast without having to
throw away whatever ballast comes in the fixture.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD