Algae on Anubias

Hello all,

Two months ago I had an algae outbreak in my 55 gal tank after replacing 50%
of the substrate with Fluorite. The algae has subsided and the fast growing
plants like Hygro are now algae free. However, my Anubias spp. remain
encrusted with the stuff. I recall reading recently about immersing algae
covered plants in a 19:1 water:bleach solution to strip the algae off, and
wanted to ask for further advice on the safety, efficacy and "best
practices" re this procedure. Input re alternatives would also be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dinyar