substrate heating question

This is a question relating to the Dupla undergravel heating cables.  I
was planning to put  cables into a 26 gallon flat back hex (36in x 12in
x17in).  The information I have found (George's website) states the
cables should be approximately 1 3/4 inches apart yet the
lengths/wattages etc don't seem to add up.  I was planning to use the
150 cables (couldn't find the length anywhere) but the company was out
and asked if I wanted the 200.  The lady stated that the cables were 2
meters long which is only 78 inches.  By my measurements, I should have
twice that length.  I realize I am confusing something and am making a
stupid error but can't seem to figure out what.  Help!

Thanks in advance,
Daphne