Re: algae on the glass

I can understand that on the front glass algae can be a nuisance, but on the
other three sides of the tank I think it is beneficial and can serve several
functions.  Algae eating fish, like otos, can dine on it.  Fry can eat the
micro-organisms that flourish in the algae 'carpet' and the fish also have
more security.  They know where the tank ends.  Sometimes when fish go up
and down the clear glass on the front of the tank, they seem to be wondering
how it is that they are incapable of joining us in the room because there is
an invisible barrier that they do not understand.

G. kadar