Re: banana plants

Shannon writes:

> Now, the problem is, which end is up? Since there's no stem, just a point
>  where the bananas are attached together, I'm not entirely sure which end
>  faces up. I'm guessing the loose ends of the bananas point down and
>  something should grow from where they are joined right?

Yep, the loose end is the bottom.  The leaves come out of the junction, as do
roots.  If you jam the ends of the tubers into the substrate, it tends to
cause them to rot.  I rcommend you find a spot with limited current and just
let it sit there.  It will reach the surface of a ten gallon with the third
or fourth leaf, and al subsequent ones.

Bob Dixon