lotus seeds

 I have tried this before so I know it works.  Go to a craft store and
buy the decorative lotus pods they sell.  Remove some of the seeds and
score the rounder end with sandpaper.  Plop into water and after a few
days the seed should sprout.  I don't know if that is what you asked,
but you can get lotus plants for your pond that way, so it may be of
some interest to some folks on this list.

-> Robert,
-> Where did you get your lotus seed?  I'd sure like to get some and
-> give it a try! TTYL, DL

s.