Weekly green film normal?

     Hi,
     I've been lurking here for a month now and have an issue I'd like some
     help with.  FYI, I've searched the APD and Krib archives, and have
     tried a couple things to no avail.  One week after water changes an
     annoying film of green algae accumulates on the glass.  I can wait no
     longer than two weeks before I must scrub it off due to reduced
     visibility.  I'm careful about feeding (once per day), but tried every
     other day for two weeks, following a water change, but same result.
     There were some suggestions to try a small Pleco, so I purchased two
     Clown Plecos.  Unfortunately, contrary to popular opinion, a week
     after settling in, they found my E. Osiris more tasty than algae:( so
     I sold them to a friend.  The frequency of accumulation seems out of
     hand to me, but I'm pretty new to plant tanks, so I'm hoping someone
     can help with a solution, or at least tell me to deal with it (keep
     scrubbing), which I will because I love my plant tank!  It's been this
     way since cycling.  Plants and fish are all doing well (except for
     Cabomba, losses color, doesn't root well...hmmm?).  Sorry for the
     length of this, but I'm out of ideas.  TIA!  Mike

     4 months since setup
     55 gal
     Emperor 400 filter (coarse foam at output to reduce surface agit.)
     160 watts lighting, various plant bulbs, 2 at 10 hrs, 2 at 11 hrs
     CO2, tank and regulator method, approx. 3 bubbles per sec.
     Substrate Gold under fine gravel
     Natural Gold liquid, 1ml daily
     20% Water change every 10-14 days, 50/50-DI/Tap
     pH=7.0
     KH=6, GH=6
     Ammonia/Nitrite=0
     Nitrates= <12.5ppm (need a better test kit here)
     Fish:  3 Bosemani Rainbowfish, 5 Bl. Ruby Barbs, 5 Bl. Phantom Tetras,
     5 Rummy Nose, 8 Neons, 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 Otos, 2 SAE, 4 Corys.
     Plants:  Hygro. Difformis, Lilicina, Sunset; E. Osiris, Tennullus;
     Valisneria, Jungle, Corkscrew; Water Pennywort; Anacharis; Anubias
     Barteri Nana; Samolous Parviflorous; Cabomba; Rotala Macranda; Apon.
     Ulvaceous, Crispus.