Ballast Cooling Problems

I have a highly planted tank which is lit by 3 48" fluorescent bulbs. The
main lighting for the tank is a 48" double fluorescent strip with internal
ballasts. The heat from the ballasts reduces the bulb life to about a month,
the plastic above the ballasts gets soft, and the extra heat causes the
heater to malfunction. So I came up with a solution, which is but cheap and
effective. I thoughts others might benefit from my experience, so I created
a webpage with my design. The address is:
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/5580/. If you have any problems,
please don't hesetate to email me.