DIY CO2 diffuser

I just checked the Kh-CO2-pH relationship chart at the KRIB and confirmed my
sneaking suspicion that Im not getting enough CO2 into my tank.  I've heard
from several people about how to create a diffuser, but most use a cannister
filter.  I was using both an over-the-back filter (which i've removed as
advised) and a powerhead with the CO2 input in the venturii (sp?) hole on
top of the powerhead.  This hasn't seemed to work for me.
I was wondering if anyone could comment on my soln.?  I plan to use a
clear-green tube (from a TetraBrilla filter) with the CO2 coming in where
the air hose is attached. I would cap the top of the tube and attach it to
the tank with suction cups provided. I would then route the sponge tube to
the powerhead intake.  The other sponge tube I would leave alone.
Do you think that this might solve my CO2 problem?  I'm using the 3 cups
sugar 1tsp baking soda method now and the mixt. seems to bubble adequately
but my pH has remained constant at 7.6-7.8 with a Kh of 11-12*.  Looking at
the chart this means I am getting no more CO2 than what is provided by the
atmosphere above my tank (is this correct)??
TIA
Joe Anderson

For a More Relaxed and Economical Approach to Fish Keeping,
Visit Joe’s Aquatic Lounge at "http://members.tripod.com/~SubmarinR/"