Re: Can Plants Utilize NO2

> >Ali ("spiny eel" - come on Ali, use your REAL name on the APD, especially
>if
>
> >you want people to take you seriously)
>

>There is really no need to make such comments. Perhaps this is what the
>person
>is known as, or wishes to be known as, It is petty to suggest that he is
>not
>to be taken seriously because he has a nickname.

Thank you very much for the replies i have been receiving on and off the
list. i have seen earlier postings about using a nickname. that is why i
gave my real name (ali) at the end of the posting. sorry.

someone asked why study effects of NO2 on an endangered species. i feel i
owe everyone an explanation. the research is being done by a friend in a
local university to study the effects of nitrogenous runoffs from nearby
plantations into natural homes of the arowana.

i asked the question in very general terms to see what are the various
opinions i could get as i have seen this forum could go into pretty
scientific detail, with participants who has very good understanding of the
subject. i found the explaination that plants could convert NO2 with an
enzyme particularly interesting. that is new to me.

once again i apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for your kind