Re: Nitrite (NO2) as a plant nutrient?

In a message dated 5/19/99 4:04:31 PM, relli at aye_netwrites:

<<Uncertain maybe, but we do know that Nitrobacter and Nitrosomonas are most
likely the two genuses (hmmmm, is that the right word?) >>

Actually, the latest information I have (Dec. 98) is that they have studies
that prove one of those isn't involved at all. Can't remember which species
was mentioned in this particular conversation, although I think it's the one
that converts nitrites. The species they found sounded something like
spirulina, Nitrospirogyra or something like that.

Really have to do something about this memory of mine <G>.

Susan