Re: cheapie MH

Hi Colin-

>I'm curious if anyone out there uses the cheap ($25 cdn) metal halides that
>are available at our friendly neighbourhood home improvement centres.

I've used the el-cheapo MH bulbs from Home Depot with great success (for
ca. 3 years).  The light output seems to be a bit on the yellow side (esp.
when the bulbs are new), but the plants don't seem to care.

>Also, there was two sizes, one not much larger than a standard incand. bulb,
>and one conventionally sized bulb.

I use the large bulb, again w/ no problems.  However, as with all things, YMMV

Cheers!

Dorian