Cleaning an Eheim diffusor

At 03:48 PM 5/13/99 -0400,  Sherlock Wong asked:
>Does anybody have a tip on cleaning the glass disk in
>a Eheim CO2 diffuser? I have tried scrubbing with a brush,
>but not all of the algae comes off.

Here is my recommendation:

1.  Carefully brush the disk (remember it is fragile and brittle) with a
brush (like a toothbrush).
2.  Rinse the disk and place it in a very small dish.  Add one drop of
bleach and a few drops of water.  Cover.
3.  After a day or two, carefully rinse the disk.  Then place it in a water
glasss with 2 ounces of water and enough chlorine remover to treat a gallon
of water.  After a few hours rinse again.  All odor of chlorine (and all
chlorine) should be gone.   If not, repeat this step.

This strongly oxidizing treatment should remove most all organic material.

--
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron