Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1035

> Are Java ferns sensitive to copper ?

In my experience, yes.

I've also found any plant I bring in here (and I
get lots cheap at killi metings) drops all it's leaves
over a couple of months but grows nee plants and leaves
until every leaf it brought with it is gone; the new
ones seem to last forever. It's like it's adapting
to my water (which is much different than the folks
in Toronto who raise these things) by growing leaves
"made" for these new conditions.

I've also found it grows mush better by itself. I can
never get it to grow as well with other plants in the
tank - the onbly exceptions I've found are Bolbitis and
Abubias.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719