Tubifex Worms

I have very nice carpeted aquarium covered by Glossostigma elatinoides.  I
started feeding very clean live Tubifex worms to my Discus.  Most of the
worms fell on one part Glossostigma elatinoides lush floor and some of them
escaped being eaten and started to live under the gravel and the soil
substrate of my aquarium.  On the part where there is a large concentration
of Tubifex worms, the Glossostigma elatinoides has became thicker as
compared to the parts where there is none.

Could anyone explain if Tubifex worms are good/healthy to planted aquariums?

Thanks,

Edison C. Yap
Philippines