lotus plants

I have been lurking for only a few days & was hoping to get some new
ideas/help with my pond plants. In regards to the lotus plant, I think
you should know that the varietys I have get to be between 4ft to 6ft
tall and have blooms that are from 4" to 12". How do you grow them in an
aquarium? In my pond I fertilize them monthly (spring thru summer) with
a 10-14-8 fertilzer tablet pushed into the pot. In these type of lotus's
you can not repot them once the tubers starts to grow leaves/flower
stems. You have to wait till the following spring.
Donna Fish  Monee, Il