Re: Disintegrating Anubias barteri

> Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:39:01 -0500
> From: "Lorenzen, David C" <david.lorenzen at eds_com>
> Subject: Disintegrating Anubias barteri
>
> Chaca,
> Your Anubias are suffering from a nutrient deficiency. Due to your
> low GH, it's probably calcium and could also be potassium. I can
> also determine based on your nitrate levels that your plants are
> not receiving the proper nutrients, or you may not have other plants
> in the tank. You may want to investigate the articles on PMDD
> at www.thekrib.com
>
> Dave in Dallas

Whoa, Dave, hold your horses. Chaca had the Anubias in the tank for less
than one week. There's NO WAY that an Anubias will show any deficiency
symptoms in such a short period of time. You could keep them alive in
distilled water without light for extended periods of time.
The most likely reason that the leaves are disintegrating is damage prior to
sale, damage during transport, excessive bleach treatment or something like
that.

Michael Eckardt
in sunny, dry, but cool Ontario