sprouting plants

I recently bought home my first live plant, an Egeria densa, sometimes known
as Elodea or Anachris.  A couple of days ago I noticed sprouts growing not
just from the bottom of the plant but near the middle as well.  Should I cut
the plant slightly below where its sprouting and replant  it in another area
of my tank or should I continue to let the sprouts grow?  Also, what in your
opinion is the best fertilizer for my plant?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Melvina