Re: kitty litter revisited

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Roger S. Miller wrote:

> 	3)  Wait until the cat jumps for the top of the aquarium; when the
> cat hit's the water it'll scare the **** out of it, and your fertilizing
> chores will be done.  Just replace the top and wipe up the little spills.

Roger,

We managed to induce a clever variant of this on our unsuspecting nephew a
couple of years ago.  We build a top out of single strength glass, and the
cat got used to sleeping on the top (as per your step 1) many times before
one day breaking through said top.  Downsides are cleaning up the shards
of excess SiO2, and buying a new top made out of double-strength glass.

But what I'd *really* like to know is if Kitty Litter the brand really
exists in the US, or are people using similar "litteritic soils" instead.
Worse yet, that stuff you get at the auto parts store to put on your
garage floor.  Sure it looks like like Kitty Litter, but I dunno... I'd
like to hear from all the geologists on this list.  Can you really still
buy actual Kitty Litter in the United States at all?  Let's get down to
the bottom of this issue!

  - Erik
  (who let out a very loud "Nooooooooooooooo! Not again...." after reading
one particular post in last weekend's APD).

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com