Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #998

Kelly wrote
> Was in Iowa City Tuesday and Wednesday for a little business excursion.
> I've made it a point to visit local fish stores when I get done for the
> day.  Went to a place that sold pets, feed and seed (gardening stuff).
> Their tanks and general condition of fish were not great.  But, in a
> tank I saw fish that I knew where SAEs.  Went back to work and went to
> thekrib to confirm.  Yep.  I asked the guy about buying all (5) of them
> and taking them back with me to Nashville.  He assurred me they wouldn't
> make it because they didn't have pure O2 to pump in the bags.  So, not
> wanting to kill fish, I opted to not chance it.  D*mn.  At least I got
> his suppliers phone #.  Maybe Nashville will have SAEs yet.

I have bring fishes from Spain and United States to Peru in my hand bag with no oxigen just normal air with no loses or signs of stress. Just make sure they have at least 2/3 of air in their bag. The fishes were in the bags for around 15 to 20 hours. It also depends on the number and size of the fishes YMMV.

Regards,

Jose
in Lima, Peru