crypts with bugs

      About a month ago I set up a semi-emersed culture of
Cryptocorynes.   A half dozen different types are included.  Everything
is growing well.  However, I seem to have a white fly infestation.  The
crypts are the only emersed plants in the entire house so the flies must
have come in with one of the plants I added that were grown in rockwool.
 Does anyone have any experience treating against these pests in this
type of situation.  I guess I could flood the tank and hope I don't have
a total meltdown!  Or is there some kind of insecticide I can use that
won't harm the plants?  Anyone out there have any experience with this?
There are no fish in the three inches of water I have in the tank. The
white flies do like munching on the leaves!