re: E. rose and ozelot

Ole has trouble with his E. ozelot.

Older Echinodorus plants develop something called a corm. It is the thick
part of the rhizome below the crown and may or may not have any roots on it.

This corm can hinder a plant's growth (why? - I don't know). I simply break
off the corm (don't cut it off: cutting might damage the crown), right
underneath the crown, and clean out old and damaged roots. Replant the sword
with 1/2 of a Jobe plant stick underneath - and the sword usually takes off
again.

Michael Eckardt
"Go ahead and assume that the sun will rise tomorrow.
Assume anything else at risk of great personal
disappointment." JP