Re: "Ole Larsen" E. rose and ozelot

>I´m having a problem with the E ozelot I acquired together with a E. rose
about a
>year ago.
>Both are planted in a tank of 90 L, ~30 cm apart and with same amount of
light (2*18 W fluoscent, daylight). Tank set-up some 3-4 years ago, so the
gravel ( 2-3 mm. granite) is partly filled with dirt, making H. polysperma,
E. tenellus, S. subulata, E. magdalenensis, E. rose. C.
wendtii/crispatula/usteriana/huderoi, M. windeløw, N. guadalupensis, P.
cornuta all growing very well.
>Just not the E. ozelot, leaves getting smaller and smaller and brown (with
green ribs) and hardly any new leaves appearing.
>Have checked Tropica. com and even asked one of the gardeners I happen to
know without getting any solution to the problem. Using MasterGrow, 1/2
dose at waterchanges. A double tetra-bell filled with CO2 every morning.
The only diff. I can see
>between the conditions for E. r and o is that o is closer to the (under
water surface) outlet from a small internal motor-filter, but it doesn´t
move  much. Earlyer the o was shaded by the cornuta, but for 6 months I
have keps this away (taken out, only leaving one over the rose). Water was
earlyer slightly acid (6-6.5) but this created troubles for some of the
crypts and for Microsorum. For ~1 year it has been on the alkalic side.
Fish: 20-30 Nannostomus of 4 diff, species, nothing else. Very few snails.
>Has anybody a suggestion for the reason for this misgrowth of the ozelot ?
>TIA
>Ole Larsen

1.	NOT ENOUGH LIGHT. I grow both plants and the height of the tank is
critical. 18watts over 10 gal would be OK, but I use 2 staggerd 40w
florecent shoplights over a standard 75gal long with GTE "Daylights".
Forget the "Fancy $$$ Aquarium Lights". K-mart is selling 40w shoplights
for $9.79 and their bulbs (daylights) for $4.95 each.

Question 1: Does your E. Rose show 2-3 BRIGHT PINK inner leaves? They won't
w/o much more light. Keep in mind E. Rose is a slower grower than E. Ozelot.

	  2: Is there ANY surface aggetation? If so, it will surely free your tank
of CO2 despite your best efforts.

2.	NEED CO2. Small leaves show up in a CO2 deprived environment.  But I
mostly suspect the culprit being low light.

~David Boukmn.