Re: lava rocks

I have been using those BBQ rocks in my tanks for a few years now, and
have yet to see anything wrong with them.  Because they are formed by
rapidly cooling igneous rock, they are inert.  The only trouble with
them is that some of them float, but that's easily remedied - just
squeeze some water into them.

Jason Miller
Sherwood Park, AB