Re: Crypt retro vs Apon

> Aquatic Plants Digest     Saturday, April 17 1999     Volume 03 : Number 975
> From: "Cathy Hartland" <hartland at nfis_com>
> Subject: Re: Crypt retro vs Apon
>
> Also, can Apons be grown from seed as well?  Is it possible that a
> seed-grown plant would not yet have a bulb?

Yes, I am growing them from seed. They develop bulbs. Natural ponds tend to
dry out during summer, I presume that the bulbs keep the plant alive.. As soon
as the monsoon starts and the ponds fill up, you see hundreds of Apons flowering

and propagating themselves. The cycle must complete in about 6 - 8 months
before the pond dries up.. This year I hope to observe them a little more
closely
in nature.

--
Raj, vu2zap