Re: Acrylic Tank Question

Hi Mel,
I currently have three acrylic tanks set up as planted aquariums. The
largest is a 5 foot long by 20" wide by 20" high tank. The only thing I use
to clean them are the white acrylic scrub pads that are sold by the aquarium
stores just for that purpose. I clean the algae off the front and wipe the
top with them. The acrylic tanks work great for growing plants. They also
are more transparent and look nicer than glass. It is a pain to clean under
the top piece of acrylic like you said. I have a wood canopy that covers the
top and the lights are mounted to this.  If acrylic was as cheap as glass I
think everyone would be using it instead of glass.
--Kevin