Erythromycin and breeding pairs?

Marie-Andree Lemieux wrote: <<< Erythromycin and breeding pairs?
last summer I nuked the blob using Erythromycin successfully.
It is now back but I have breeding Rams in my thank and another one with a
Discuss breeding pair.
I would like to know if any of you have treated tanks including breeding
fish with Erythromycin and if the fish were ok. I was worried it might make
them sterile. (maybe a stupid worry but... don't want to take a chance).

If your intention is primarily to breed, it could be a good idea to
give up the erythromycin treatment. I do not think it would affect
fertility, but it would cause some extent of stress to the fish and
the biofilter, without removing any of the causes of Cyanobacteria
growth.
For breeders, large and regular water changes are a must, which
would be the most correct approach to the b/g problem.
Some algae persisting despite good water changes are actually quite
liked by newborn fry, since they harbor lots of microorganisms they like
as first food.

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno at roche_com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.