Possible SAE substitute?

Hey Gang,
    I just happened to notice my pair of Discus leisurely picking at a patch
of what I can only assume is red algae, since none of the ottos, etc. will
touch it, and I can't help but wonder if we have a possible substitute for
SAEs! *grin* Heck, they're easier to find, at least!
    I can see it now: droves of planted tank enthusiasts will suddenly start
keeping Discus for no reason except that "they keep my plants clean."  Look
out C. siamensis and Yamato-numa-ebi, the "king of aquarium fishes" is now
"the king of cleaner fishes!" *grinning wildly*

--Levi