Re: Too much oxygen

Karen Randall wrote:

> I would wait 24 hours
> if you fill the tank directly from the tap, particularly in the winter.
> The reason for this is that tap water, particularly in the winter is high
> in various dissolved gasses. (you see them collect as bubbles on the
inside
> of the tank glass as you fill the tank) These can be very hard on the
fish.

Really?  A while ago, someone told me it would help remove
chlorine/chloramine if I deliberately stirred up bubbles when I do a water
change.  So I've made a practice of it... does this create a problem for the
fish, or is it not a problem for just a 20% water change or so?

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, Maryland