Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #961

Dear
> Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 14:36:38 -0700
> From: Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
> Subject: Re: Laterite
>
> Robert H <robertph at best_com> wrote:
>>If
> > the education system in Canada is even only half what it is in the USA,
> > their geological research department ought to know if there is any
> > laterite in their own back yard. Dont you think?  Just a name, thats all
> > I need.
>
> And that remark comparing Canadian and American educational
> institutions; me-thinks this man is -trying- to provoke a flame war!
> Canucks: are we gonna take this??? This is an invitation for
> PUN-ishment! Volleys away!

Having graduated from McGill University (Montreal), I can say with
confidence that most American's have no idea of the quality of the
Universities in Canada.  More than once I have been asked:

"So McGill, that is good school, right?"  harumph!

Why is it that Canadian seem to have a relatively complete knowledge of the
schools in the US, and not vice versa?

Of course, having to shovel our way to classes did cut down on the actual
instruction time :-)

That is, when we weren't out clubbing some baby Harp seals :-))

John Stark, in Aliso Viejo, CA

close to:  UC Irvine, USC, UCLA, UC Fullerton, Pepperdine, etc.