I have a suggestion about the currents in planted tanks query

    I have 20, 15, and 10 gallon tanks which are all planted. I have
power filters on all 3 tanks. I use a yeast reactor for the carbon
dioxide fertilizer. I have found a yeast reactor  a fairly cheap and
effective CO2 producer. I glue air tubing through a hole in the top of
the soda bottle and I place the other end so that the CO2 is sucked into
the filter. This is a very effective way to diffuse the CO2 into the
water. The impellor in the filter splits up the larger CO2 bubbles into
very tiny bubbles. The current made by the power filter disperses the
tiny CO2 bubbles throughout the aquarium.
Yours in the hobby,
Bjorn Ahlstrom