Re: zebra pleco

Hi,
I have had my zebra for about 3 years now, in the first tank he was in it was
a discus tank and he did great then I moved him to a 10 gallon about 1 year
ago, the 10 gallon has an ug plate and an aquaclear mini for a filter and he
is with 2 loaches and 10 tetras and I have no problems with him let. He eats
flake food and I have caught him nibbling on the hairalgae that grows pretty
fast in the tank. I do 1 water change every other month but the key I believe
is the PH in the discus tank was 6.0 and the 10 gallon its 5.4 and I feel
strongly that with a high ph than 6.5 they will die because after water
changes he seems a little stressed until ph drops down in a couple of days.
  hope this helps a little denny.