Lignin sulfonate. Is there a chemist in the house?

Hello all,

     I found a local source for chelated Fe.  It's 5% Fe and is available in
5 gallon
buckets for about $20.00.  Talk about a lifetime supply!!   My only concern
is that it's chelated with Lignin sulfonate.  How would this hold up under
bright light
and typical aquarium conditions?  Would it work at least as well as EDTA or
DTPA?  I searched the archives of this list but no one had any answers.
(It seems I ask the questions no one wants to answer, for some reason)

Thanks,
Andrew