Re: flagfish mating

> Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 07:56:51 -0600
> From: ruddigar at home_com
> Subject: flagfish mating
>
> I just purchased a female flagfish to go along with my male.  He likes
> her!  Anyway, I was wondering if they are internal fertilizers or not.
> The male is going after the female like they're guppies.  He keeps
> trying to get their vents together, but she just swims away.
>   When I fist put her in the tank, she hid pretty well, but now that
> she's out, and he's on her all the time, she won't hide.  I assume that
> if she really wants to get away from him, she will.  Any thoughts about
> this?

My male flagfish has this one spot in the tank that no one is allowed to
intrude on (the only exception is neons - he leaves those alone).  The
female is always chased away.  He does this thing - he points his head
to the gravel and his body will shimmer like he's trying to move the
gravel or something.  Anyway, I think he's the one who's been biting my
Glossostigma leaves off.

Kelly Beard